Digital Marketing Apprentice
Vacancy: Available (as of 2nd July 2022)
Job Type: Full-Time, Office Based
Location: Based in Ipswich, Suffolk
Spotted Penguin Group delivers a diverse range of quality products & services to its customers. This is an exciting time to join us as an apprentice. Becoming an apprentice with Spotted Penguin Group will allow you to earn as you learn. We can offer you a BSc (Hons) in Digital Marketing at Anglia Ruskin University, whilst you continue to work as part of a vibrant busy communications team at Spotted Penguin Group.
You will need to be able to give 40 hours of your time each week with 20% of this to be dedicated to your studies. You will have expert supervision from experienced communications professionals and regular interaction and collaboration with other specialist teams. You will be provided with a wide variety of opportunities to develop your CV, with regular team training sessions and courses made available to support your development.
If you would like to build a career in digital media/social media/marketing/communications; this could be a fantastic opportunity to complete a degree-level qualification, whilst gaining significant experience in a workplace environment and working as part of a team developing a portfolio of work to demonstrate your abilities to future employers.
What you will be trained to do as part of your course and day-to-day work:
- Population of direct/indirect data
- Marketing of data using SEO using paid & organic avenues
- Utilise & analyse pay per click
- Keyword creation and analysis
- Work with others to create engaging, innovative social media campaigns including collating & auditing results
- Competitor and market research
- Schedule social media content
- Undertake social media and web research
- Monitor and report social media trends and analytics
- Monitor and report on the impact of research reports and engagement activity
- Produce exciting, interesting video/media content
- Assist with the production of blogs and website content
- Develop your own ideas and, where possible, create unique content for our channels
- Attend team meetings, liaise and work with/support other members of the Spotted Penguin Group team a required
- Conduct other tasks and duties as considered reasonable by the communications manager and CEO
You must have
We are looking for someone who is bright, enthusiastic, curious, honest and hardworking, with a genuine desire to learn and build a career in this field. You will be an effective communicator, with excellent written and verbal skills, and comfortable working within a small and ambitious team, as well as with volunteers. You will have a particular passion and high level of communication skills using digital means.
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels (or equivalent, such as a BTEC or successful completion of the Level 3 Digital Marketing Apprenticeship)
- 3 GCSE's at grade C (4) or above, of which English and Maths are essential (NB. Functional or Key Skills at Level 2 are also accepted as an alternative.)
- Applicants who do not fully meet these academic requirements, but can evidence substantial relevant experience, may also be considered (assuming L2 Maths and English can be evidenced).
You will enjoy working in a fun, fast pace and ambitious business and can expect to benefit from the following:
- Fully equipped modern office
- Employers pension
- Free on-site parking
- Full degree course fees paid
- Apprentice salary increasing throughout the 4 year degree
- 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Join part of a successful growing company
As a Digital Marketing degree apprentice you will achieve a university qualification at degree level, alongside real work experience. You will be paid throughout and there are no tuition fees, as these are met by your employer and the government.
When an apprentice starts with Spotted Penguin Group, they will receive a thorough induction to the company and an introduction to work and expectations. The degree apprenticeship course will start before September 2022.
- As an apprentice you will have protected learning time of a minimum of 20% per week
- The course is delivered part-time over four years
- It is blended learning: online study combined with real work-place learning and five one-day workshops per year
- Our BSc Digital Marketing course includes a range of core modules related to the development of marketing knowledge, skills and behaviours. These include · Understanding work-based learning and your sector · Principles of marketing · marketing communications
- Introduction to digital marketing and campaign planning
- Introduction to organisations and management
- Understanding consumers and the customer journey
- Data and analytics for the digital marketer · B2B marketing · International marketing
- Developing content for campaigns
- Project management
- Strategic brand management
- Creating impact through compelling and visual content
- Retailer and shopper marketing
- Financial and professional services marketing
- International intercultural management
- Campaign showcase (incorporates end point assessment)
How to apply?
Please remember to attach an electronic copy of your CV when completing our contact form.